Insurance protection to help you feel secure at home
Bayou Insurance is on your side. As an Independent Insurance Agent, we review multiple insurance companies and compare their protection and prices to find the best value for you.
We are your neighbors – we are active members of the Thibodaux, Houma, Raceland and Mathews communities. We know what’s important for your Lousiana homeowners’ insurance policy, and we’re committed to being your advocate in times of need.
Our commitment is to serving you
We know that in Louisiana, there are as many unique insurance needs as we have neighbors who live here! To talk with one of our helpful team members about your insurance needs, contact us today.
Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Louisiana Home Insurance
– Insurance protection for the things that matter most to you.
- Homeowners Insurance – Insurance protection for your most valuable asset.
- Condo Insurance – Condos have special needs – make sure your insurance is right!
- Renters Insurance – Inexpensive insurance options that make sense for renters.
- Landlord Protection – Renting your home? Protect yourself with landlord insurance.
- Flood Insurance – Insurance protection that covers what many homeowner’s policies don’t.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)